Subject: RE: [Leica] B&W film: Ilford vs. TMax
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 14:41:40 -0600

>         Am I the only one on this list with the good taste and
> good sense to
> use Fuji Neopan???!!!!  :^)
>
>         Neopan SS100, 400 and 1600 is the ONLY reason (and now
> Agfa Scala) I
> went back to shooting black & white in 35mm.  The tonal range is
> far better
> then Ilford or Kodak ... even when processed in T-Max developer! ...you
> should see it in Rodinol!
>
> ...an excellant combination for lazy guys like me. Great results,
> no hassle,
> beautiful negs and easy print making!
>
> Greg (who HATES darkrooms) Locke
>
> Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
> St. John's, Newfoundland.
> http://www.straylight.ca/locke

Greg,

You know, I used to use Neopan and haven't used it for years.

But recently, a local corner store (and as far as I can tell coke dealer!!)
decided to get into the mini lab business - probably as front! Anyway, the
minilab went bust and ANOTHER corner store bought up their equipment and
supplies. Finally, they decided Pizza slices and film processing didn't go
together. One of the local photo stores bought their processor. BUT, they
had a whole stack of Neopan which a couple of us bought up (they also had
Agfa slide film...). Hate to think what conditions it was kept in, but it's
in the freezer now and I aim to give it a try again.

But can you imagine it, a corner store trying to sell Neopan to it's
customers!!!

Tim