Subject: [Leica] Konica threat to M:
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@clarence.hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:40:28 -0500

In my mind, at least what I've seen so far...  I'm not impressed with the
Konica....

I won't buy one and I won't buy the lenses... I don't think it is much of a
threat to Contax either unless the lenses blow everything else out of the
water.... yeah right...

I bought Leica for the quality of lenses, the quality of the lenses and yes
the quality of the lenses..... I also bought it for the quietness, the
viewfinder and the simple mechanical construction that has endured for
years....  I've got a M-3 DS that works perfectly... No meter, but hey it's
over 40 years old... talk about value...  I'd buy a used M-6 before a new
Konica...  I'd buy the maligned M4-2 before a Konica as well...  But I don't
want an auto camera...

I sincerely doubt that the Konica nor Contax will work like new in 40
years....

If the Konica is as loud as the EOS, why not just use the EOS.... You have a
wider range of lenses.... faster ones... zooms etc.,  SLR finder, TTL spot
and segmented metering, AF when needed etc.

My 2 cents...

Duane

Http://members.tripod.com/~Duane_Birkey/index.html