Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Puts' test for film speed
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:09:06 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
><Snip>
With all highest respect for both Christer's and Erwin's technical expertesse:
I get a film speed test not by taking a densitomitor to the blacks as I don't
have one either if that's what you guys are talking about.
But what feels obvious to me is to bracket in half stops someone with dark or
even black hair. Dark hair is for me the easist obtainable and useful and
needfull shadows. The hair is at the threshhold that needs to be printable and
that's what I determine my film speed from. Clear hair (in the neg) is not good;
it's got to have little strands to print from.
Who the heck wants clear hair! Not me!
Mark Rabiner