Subject: Re: [Leica] (OT) 35-70 mm zoom for G2
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:32:05 -0700

D Khong wrote:
><Snip>
> While on the subject on variofocal lens, I get the impression that the
> Tri-Elmar is not a particularly successful lens.  I think the f4 and
> awkward three focal length adjustments have a lot to do with its poor sales.
>
> Dan K.
I have heard at least 2 user raves about this lens here on the list Dan and
Erwins review and further updatings were quite impressive.
But it's not my particular cup of tea and as we discussed 2 or 3 weeks ago maybe
if it were a 75-50-35.
We all expressed our favorite combinations then like a combination to a safe.
Mark Rabiner