Subject: Re: [Leica] VPS
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:23:12 -0700

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> I believe Kodak is discontinuing VPS in favor of their Portra 160 which
> comes in NC (natural coloring) and VC (Vivid coloring).  Both are also
> available in 400.  The Portra 400VC is a favorite of mine both indoors and
> out.  Beautiful colors that are not overdone, but not flat either.
>
> Peter K

Nobody will be happier than me if Kodak does this. Thank god they have been
making some color neg pro film with some snap. None of my old VPS negs have any
life they are dead flat and I used to give them an extra half stop at least.
They were murder to print as a half stop over made them go cyan and a half stop
under made them go magenta.
The newer films have stopped my reliance on pinko looking Fuji.
Fuji pro color neg films aren't completely happy until things are going pink.
Mark Rabiner