Subject: [Leica] Leica and a new M?
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:25:10 -0700

Peter K wrote:
. . .
I think that if we removed the emotional issue of a new M, and looked at it
from a business standpoint, redesigning and retooling for an M7 would be
very costly and probably not generate the revenues that Leica camera needs.
. . .

	--> It may well be that the World is ready for a "next step"
	avant-garde 35mm camera system that could test its product
	formulation in a POSSIBLY radically different format
	than the classic Leica 'M', . . . a new photo oriented synthesis !

	--> What sort of a Leica camera, made using the facilities
	and workers now manufacturing various components
	of the Leica 'M' system, could maximize the experience
	gained through the years and Leica technologies,
	a few leased ones too, to bring in the required funds to
	further refine the concepts and technologies, or designs
	proper of a whole new LEICA brand camera line,
	in a saleable profitable and enduring way,
	let's call it Leica ' U ' ?

	Just remember Leica ' U ' models have to be
	readily sellable worldwide to many
	more fortunate casual users too . . .

	Andre Jean Quintal