Subject: Re: [Leica] scientific lens testing is ridiculous?
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:00:42 EST

Good to note that you are just as chipper as ever.

It is good that there are those who like the scientific approach so the human
race may advance and it is good that there are those who have a special
artistic flare so we may have beautiful things.  Now all we need is just more
understanding between the two.

For a long time, I have held the belief that there would be no Leica cameras
if the company depended upon their sale to only those who were "artists."
Many Leica owners are of a temperament that they like finely made things
whether those things are automobiles, machines, homes, etc., and the Leica
for the most part falls within that category.  If we were not interested in
top quality camera bodies and lenses, there would be no Leica cameras and
lenses since the old Brownie box camera would have fit the bill for everyone
and the Leitz people would have been doing something else.  Most likely,
without our built-in obsession to always do and want better, the gorillas and
chimps would be watching us on their TV.

Erwin, I, for one, enjoy testing to discover which provides me with the best
instrument and hope you continue with your special forte while others may
continue using the Leica cameras and lenses to produce "masterpieces."

Again, good to note you are on the "net" again.