Subject: Re: [Leica] M Campaign
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:33:39 EST

In a message dated 11/9/99 9:20:05 AM Central Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Last night I was on a powerful enough computer to really get a good look at
 the M campaign brochure for the first time...and...sorry, folks, but from a
 marketing standpoint it made me want to gag.

 It is graphically wonderful. But that's all it is - a graphic designer and a
 pedantic writer showing off.

 It's a campaign designed to turn the Leica M into the Rolex of photography,
 an expensive status symbol that one will need to display to be "with it."

 If this is an example of the new management at its marketing best, buy your
 M equipment while you can, because it's not going to be with us for terribly
 much longer.

 Great looking brochure, though. ;-)

One more "bean counter" in charge of a precision manufacturing concern?