Subject: [Leica] Further clarification
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:10:25 -0500

MIke Johnston,

>>I also have come to realize that where aesthetic effects of<<
>>pictures are concerned, the subtleties of lens performance<<
                          >>are mainly a matter of taste<<

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your thinking. Bulletin boards
are really a "less than desirable" way to understand nuances.

A lens ( R-80 f1.4) I liked a lot,  always tested out rather poorly
in all those charts. But, what  "character" when used for color
portraits in available light! Now, try to define "character" ;-)!

>>Or those of you who subscribe to the magazine will not get <<
                         >>your Jan/Feb issue in the mail<<

Heaven forbid ;-); "Photo Techniques" is one photo magazine
that is *really* good.  BTW, I enjoyed your brief sojourn on the LUG!

Tom D.