Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Self Processing savings and advantages
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:46:29 GMT

Mike, if you don't buy your film in bulk the savings will not be great.

I recommend getting a bulk roller.  you should be able to pick up 100
ft of film for about 40.00 usd.  I think you can get about 18 rolls of 36
from 100 ft....I think...

chemicals for processing film will run you about 15.00 for a gallon of
developer, stop bath and fixer.  These 1 gallon quantities will last you
about 8-10 rolls.  Add the cost of paper developer, about 5.00 per gallon
and you are not out much for a couple weeks intense shooting.

A good starter enlarger will cost you 150.00, and another 100 for the lens.

The tank, and trays will set you back about 50.00 more, along with the bulk
roller for about 35.00.

Have Fun
Dan