Subject: Re: [Leica] M Campaign
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 17:02:11 GMT

I recieved a copy of this new campaign in the mail yesterday.  I have to
agree that it is pretty bad.  Way to much space was burned up with insipid
image building statments and shots of models.

In addition, the quality of some of the shots they used to represent the
performance of their products was very poor.  The shot of the woman riding a
Vespa may do more to stop Noctilux sales than the ridiculous price, and WHY
would you use the shot of the Morgan?!?  It seems to have been shot through
a softening filter!

My other comment is, WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO SEE THIS?

They don't have enough of an add campaing in major magazines to make this
noticiable to people who don't already recognize the brand.  It is my guess
that the majority of the people who will come in contact with this campaign
already own or have owned Leica.  It which case they are preaching to the
choir.

Leica IS on track by attaching themselves to some of the lengendary users of
their products, but they need to spend more time pumping up the legends, and
less time pumping up the image.

Best wishes
Dan States (self proclaimed marketing genius)