Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the M5 an Edsel?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:47:51 EST

In a message dated 11/9/99 9:25:03 AM, lawnelson@att.net writes:

>I am thinking of  purchasing a working M5 but I've been told, by a
>professional photographer, that "the M5 is the Edsel of Leica".  Is this
>so?

Based on the prices I've seen the M5 seems to be enjoying newfound favor. But
beyond what the market says . . . Do you like the camera? Does it feel good
in your hands. Does it inspire you to make nice pictures? Buy it. Some folks
like Edsels . . . If it feels good, do it.

Bob (One man's M5 is another man's M4) McEowen