Subject: [Leica] Re: Ongoing digital print debate...
From: Deborah Dion <dkdion@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 18:22:56 -0500

> The longevity of these inks matches that of traditional photographic
> prints.
>>
>> Debby Dion
>>

> So called 'archival' inkjet inks don't compare to either silver B&W
> toned in selenium/gold or Cibachrome/Ilfochrome 'classic' ... and I still
> haven't seen an inkjet picture which visually holds a candle to either of
> these processes done correctly.... and in terms of archiving, I'd rather
> print off a sixty year old negative or like aged Kodachrome any day of the
> week rather than a like aged piece of magnetic media, format
> incompatibilities aside. Really really really long term archiving on machine
> readable media has not yet been done.
>
> Jonathan Borden

Jonathan:
Think what you may; the results are quite beautiful as far as artistic
quality with Leica glass, traditional developing, nikon supercoolscan 2000,
epson stylus 3000 with lyson inks. You are forgetting that it's just a
method of printing. I archive exactly as you do. I save my negatives and
contact sheets; I wouldn't be terribly upset if my "zip disks" became
obsolete.
Debby Dion