Subject: [Leica] A (Tudor?) rose by any other name...
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:53:17 -0800

> From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@earthlink.net]

> And we were about the only Colen's in existance, until
> all the Colons from Puerto Rico and similar spots
> began to change their  > names to Colen, and
> now there are zillions of Colens, none of whom it is leicaly
> I'm related to.

I got interested in my heritage recently, and did a net search on my last
name.  It turns out that the only Chefurkas that show up anywhere in the
digitized world are blood relations - my parents and one sister in Ontario,
and an aunt, uncle and four cousins in Calgary, Alberta.  And I have no fear
that the purity of this lonely yet noble patronymic will be despoiled by
crowds of third world ne'er-do-wells looking to appropriate a soupcon of its
inherent culture and distinction...  That would be unleically in the extreme
;-)

Paul Chefurka Esq.