Subject: [Leica] Re: Konica RF Shutter Noise
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:55:48 -0600

Dear Luggers
Lucien directed us to:
http://www.photim.com/ACTU/Actu-Hexar%20Plus.htm
for the Chasseur D'Image report on the Hexar. The pictures in the report
are all from the Konica brochure in Japanese except the first and last
picture and the chart of the shutter noise is from the Konica brochure. The
noise is purported to be, from the motor, like the old Hexar rangefinder
and the clang of the shutter metal blades is like the sound of an EOS
shutter. Whether that is noisy or not - compared to what (?) - I will wait
and decide for myself when I can hear it with my own ears in a few weeks
time. From the review:
>Le "concept Leica M" se justife par un critère déterminant, le silence.
Point sur
lequel le RF ne fait pas mieux qu'un reflex discret (certains EOS par
exemple).
Rough translation: "The Leica M concept defines itself by the determining
criteria of silence. On this point the RF isn't better than reflex types
(for example certain EOS models)"
Best Regards
Howard Cummer.