Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF...Good News...Bad News
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:28:36 -0700

With Leica, you can have a prized 1959 camera body yet get results that
only became possible in the '90s with modern lens manufacturing
techniques and films. In an era when even BMWs are designed to be sent
to the recycler and none of the hot new dot-zero product releases seem
to work, the Leica M stands out as not a consumer good, but a DURABLE
good.

I expect to employ a mix-and-match approach with my system in the
future: Items like the 15mm Heliar are no-brainers, because they have no
competition. Leica's job shall be to convince me in other cases that
their higher prices are well justified and that in the end, Leica is the
best value. (value = smiles/$)
- --
Jeff Segawa
Boulder, Colorado