Subject: [Leica] Leica has some nerve . . . .
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:55:06 EST

OK, I posted a similar rant in another thread so my apologies to those who
read everything but I priced caps today. Specifically I discovered:

Leica M rear lens cap 14269 . . . . . . $30
Leica front cap 14133 . . . . . . . . . . .   $ 40
the cap to go over the rectangular hoods (i.e. 24mm) . . . . $50

Now I don't know about you but to me this is outrageous. I don't care how
nice Leica lenses are or how few they sell, there is absolutely no
justification for a $40 piece of molded plastic. It's absurd. If anything it
seems like a reflection of the unmitigated audacity of Leica. Surely they can
find someone to make caps cheaper.

I don't absolutely need any of these caps. I just thought the cap for the
hood was a cool idea. In fact, I was going to use the 14133 the same way
since I found that the cap for my new 90mm Summicron fits the hood for my
35mm summicron (if you push a little extra hard). The rear cap was going to
be a spare.

Still, I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually have to replace a cap
. These prices are so offensive I might just sell the whole lot rather than
pay highway robbery prices for what really isn't even that nice of a cap. I'm
kidding about selling the camera of course but you get the idea . . .

Bob (for a CAP!!??!!) McEowen