Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 glut?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:12:51 -0800

At 01:46 PM 11/12/99 +0100, Grégoire Vandenschrick wrote:
>This was my opinion, I hope nobody is now angry with me, tell me want you're
>thinking about my opinions

Gegoire ;

I think you are right about the R8, though there are  a few issues I have
with the controls (the mode dial spins too easily) otherwise it's the best
SLR I've used (short of the Nikon F5, but I can't put R lenses on
that).  So I like big cameras. My R4sP stays in my camera bag unless I need
a second body out at the same time. But I also like big lenses. 70-170 2.8
Vario Apo, 19mm Elmarit, 35 Summilux R (don't have one right now) etc. The
M is for small lenses. The R is for high performance lenses, magnification,
speed, angle of view, etc.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today's events.
   - Albert Einstein