Subject: [Leica] was:R8 MIA returns. Now photo tour.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 08:11:46 -0800

MC Lau wrote:

>And Ted, what happened to the Langkawi trip that you have mentioned some
>time ago?>>>>>

Hi MC,

I had to put it on hold until I'm retired! :-)

The location MC has referred to, Langkawi,  is the most pictorial tropic
island I have ever seen. This place is a photographer's dream come true, it
has everything you can imagine, ancient buildings, modern buildings,
fishermen, all kinds of "people activities" and colour!  Colour...colour,
out of your mind colour!

It's a duty free island of Malaysia, that I thought would be a great
location for the Leica  distributor to set-up shop. Lure equipment hungry
Leica enthusiasts to as a great place to use your Leica, while at the same
time, "buy duty free!" :)

Well OK, if you just flew in for a duty free M6 body purchase, it wouldn't
be a big deal. But go for a ten day, Kuala Lumper, Langkawi, Malaysia photo
excursion, it would be a winner for everyone,  dealer and photographer.

And folks that's as far as it got. I still think it's a good idea simply
from the photographic potential of incredible white sand beaches, brilliant
blue water and skies, colourful fishing boats, you name it and it's all in
a friendly country.

This is the kind of location you take a minimum of a 100 rolls of your
favourite slide film because you'll be burning at least ten rolls a day and
come home with a million dollars worth of images.

So MC there you have it, but I'm saving it for my retirement project.;)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant