Subject: Re: [Leica] M5 or M6 ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:25:46 -0800

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:
><Snip>   on occasion I use the 70's 135 Elmarit w/eyes, so maybe a M6HM
> 6. We often go walking in the woods, and I usually have the 35 or the 28
> So it is looking like a classic M6HM.
> What am I missing in my analysis.
> TIA
>  It's good to be back.
> BTW what did you do with Anthony?

Anthony would seem to be digitally disenfranchised.

The only way to know how you feel about the classic M6 is to give it a shot
yourself and shoot a brick with it!.
I hope you do and then give us a report on how you feel it stacks up to your 4
and the 5.
I'm very fond of the 135 Focal length but am not hungering for the HM as I seem
to be doing ok with focusing with it on a 72mag and it doesn't seem to make that
much difference so I'm going with continuity. I'm going to be needing the
outside edges for my new 24. But if you did the 28 instead of the 24 you could
use the full field for that in the same manner on a HM 85mag.
I love the M6 and am getting a second body this month. Big news. Down the line
I'd like all the M bodies and a nice serving of LTM's with gravy
Mark Rabiner