Subject: [Leica] 100mm/f2.8 APO-MACRO-Elmarit-R and Leicaflex SL2
From: Douglas Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 01:51:14 -0500

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

"
        Is it possible to use the 100mm/f2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R lens
        with the Leicaflex SL2? I was told that the above lens come
        in a non-ROM version as well. If this is true, can I still get
        it somewhere? I am also thinking about using the non-ROM lens with
        an R6.2 which cannot take advantage of the ROM feature. I do not
        plan to purchase the R8 so I don't really need the lens with ROM.

        Thank you in advance for the reply.

        Regards,

        Pitak
"

This lens has been made in a non-ROM version, with 3 cams for Leicaflex SL
and SL2.  I have one, and it works fine on my Leicaflex SL.  The ROM
feature of the lens can also be removed an the lens fitted with the
Leicaflex cams and bayonet.

Doug Herr
Sacramento