Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax RTS 1.4/50 Planar Qualities
From: "Douglas Cooper" <visigoth@echo.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:20:52 -0500

Well, that's two satisfied Planar customers.  My question, I suppose, is
*what* is it that makes this lens so exciting?  The sharpness at infinity?
Or do you like the bokeh?  (I'm having a hard time deciding whether I do.
Certain moderately out-of-focus areas seem nicely blurred; radically
out-of-focus backgrounds are a bit deranged.)  And Marc, to change the
subject slightly, does your estimable friend use the RTS I, II or III?  (I
*am* satisfied with my RTS I; it's a lovely piece of machinery, and to my
mind much more finely crafted than, say, a Nikon FE2, with which it shares
many specifications.)

Sorry to drift so far from Leicaland...

cheers,

Douglas Cooper