Subject: Re: [Leica] Hammersley's Cricket Shoes at al.
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:48:10 -0500

On the Contax/LTM thread:  I used to look down somewhat on the used Contax
rangefinder bodies that were turning up in my local camera stores because
there were never any that were in LN-MINT shape.  All of them were beat all
to hell and dented with peeling leather and mechanically challenged innards.
It wasn't until later that I figured out (with age comes wisdom) that they
were in that kind of shape precisely BECAUSE they were used, not bought and
put on a shelf.  We see the same thing in gun collecting.  A military arm
that is too pristine was never issued.  The dog-eared one was effective!

I have never owned nor used a Contax rangefinder but have respect for their
obvious accomplishments.

Screwmounts uber alles!

JB