Subject: Re: [Leica] Military Contaces
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:49:30 -0500

From: Kent Jon Peters <KPETERS@huntel.net>

"...er's rise to power and some of the
greatest crimes against humanity - Jews and non-Jews - that have ever
been
committed. That I can't forget or forgive."

<<Is what was last posted by B. D.   That's the difference above.  No one
is asking you to forget, but you better take a closer look at the
forgive part.  My family had relatives fighting on both sides of the war
(US. 86th Infantry in Europe and Phillipeans Isl), (Wehrmacht infantry,
NW Germany and France) and even some more distant relatives in the
Danish military.  I am certain that the time to forgive immediately.
The swastica to many Germans meant nothing more than what it is.  A
pagan symbol, neither to be worshipped nor acknowledged in itself.  As
far as you yourself forgiving, that's up to you, but I believe that
forgival is a moral imperitive lest you become more like those whom you
'hate'.  >>

<<As for our "collecting from evil empires"; just look at all the kids
ready to collect Darth Vader and his evil minions!  ha!  Kent>>

First, I think it wise to point out that your comments may have good intent
and so on.
At the same time, what sort of advice is "forgival is a moral imperitive
lest you become more like those whom you 'hate'. "?
The idea of learning from the past so as not to repeat is not "don't
forget".
 That's an empty and meaningless statement.
That's counter - productive, no?
You are stating a principle without weighing your words?
What sort of 'forgive do you mean?
This advice - this is evil too.  It 'seems' good, and many are fooled by
this thinking.
Forgive someone who fought in the war on one or another side?  THAT is
different.
Don't broaden the parameters at your convenience.
And beware of current handshakes that the US sponsors.  Ultimately a
judgment must be made, a side must be defended.
Arafat, may his name be erased completely, is laughing at you.