Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica C1
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:17:53 -0500

> Traditionally, Leica plastic body P&S has never compete well with the
> Japanese brands due to higher costs and lower brand awareness.  Locally
> here, at the high end level, most go for the Contax T2/TVS

<<Interestingly, I was at photo repair shop today and the Leica P&S
cameras came up as a topic of conversation with repairman and he just
laughed.  Said people come in proud of their "Leica" but that they are
simply inexpensive Konica or some such with Leica name he said.  But the
T2 he had great respect for.>>
- ----------------------------------------------------
I have an on/off desire for a P&S, specifically one of the better ones. I
try to stay away from flash on my bodies and so for indoor family/casual
snapshots its useful.  Or if someone else wants to take a picture too!
(besides my limited epic, one of only 10,000,00+ and 20,000 limited!)  - the
T2 is the only P&S I've ever used with any sort of regularity and respect.
I'm no expert on the actual quality/properties of the lens in these things.
The slides that I have from the T2 are uncommonly satisfactory - they just
look great.  I sold the T2 for other stuff a while back.

I've thought about the regular minilux a bit, never used it.  Also the nekon
35ti.
Question: The TVS models, how do they compare to the T2?  Others?
Why is T2 terminated...

Any input would be great.  Now I'm being pulled away by 24asphs telling me
to get my head straight!