Subject: [Leica] Re:SL viewfinder repairs
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:26:19 -0000

Mikiro <arbos@silva.net> wrote:

>1) Has someone had a prism of SL exchanged for a new one?  How was
the
outcome?  How much was the cost?  Did it change the hue more blueish?

>2) Who produces new prisms for SL now, Leica or some other
manufacturers?
Or are they recycled from ones in abandoned bodies ?

Miriko, since you are in Europe, point your web browser at
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/ where there is some information on
a UK repairer who offers exchange prisms - from what I remember, he
removes the prism from your camera and replaces it with a
reconditioned one, then sends yours away to be re-silvered for use in
his next repair.

I don't know anything about this guy, but I see he says he was trained
at Wetzlar. He is based at Luton in England, which used to be the
location of Leitz UK before the move to Milton Keynes. So I'd guess
he's an ex-Leitz UK technician who didn't follow the company to its
new location.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Doug Richardson