Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold camera cold film
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:31:18 -0900

Have you had your cameras winterized? Any change in lubrication or other
set-ups by winter-knowledgeable service people? Damn, that's cold.

Carl

I haven't had to have any cameras prepared.  I had an old Pentax screw that
would quite within an hour.  I just didn't use it.  Most of the mechanical
cameras (preferably ones that do not depend on batteries) seem to work fine.
The oils must be better now...I really only know that most cameras (again,
mechanical type) seem to work fine.

Cold here...after winter sets and one becomes mentally prepared for
winter...starts at below 30 below.  Cars and things mechanical (but
sometimes not cameras) begin to behave differently...or wont behave at all.
That makes travel both difficult and sometimes risky.

Below 30 below I'm a stay-at-home sort of guy.

Just what one gets used to.   I really have a hard time with temperatures
above the 90 deg F range.  A temperature that most desert people would think
cool.

Go figure!!!

Dave