Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V13 #74
From: "Matthias Ochs" <mjochs@online.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 10:47:58 +0100

Hi !

I am about to buy myself (finally) a used M6. (So far so good.) Now I really
have difficulties making up my mind as to what (first) lens I should buy.
I've narrowed down my selection to the 50mm Summicron and the 35mm Summilux.
From what I've read and heard so far the (legendary) 50mm Summicron would
probably produce the best image quality but the 35 Summilux would be an
excellent for me to used in my (Jazz-) Club and Bar photography. The thing
with the 35mm Summilux is that I really don't want to buy the very expensive
ASPH 35mm Summilux that is currently sold and that I've heard a couple of
not so favourable reviews of the older 35mm Summilux.

Could you please give me some advise to the mentioned coices (and maybe
other lenses). Every input is highly welcome.

TIA,

Matthias Ochs

P.S.: I'm looking for a M6 to complement my Nikon gear (F3, FM2, F100 plus
lenses from 20mm to 180mm). I mostly do people and documentary photography.