Subject: [Leica] IIIb or early baseplate
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:42:32 -0900

A quick note (and I apologize if I I'm advertising on a wrong day or
something.  I usually buy...not sell)

Last week I purchased a III baseplate that I was assured fit the IIIc.
Alas...it's a IIIb or earlier baseplate.
Has the large tripod screw sized tripod mount.  The open-close positions are
marked as auf-zu.

It is actually in what I would call good-excellent condition.  The is no
brassing or peeling or rusting.  Only rubbing marks as you rotate in the
light.

I have return privilege...and I plan to return the baseplate tomorrow.   If
anyone is interested contact me and I will tell you what I have in the
thing.  (I think to much....but I needed a IIIc baseplate)

Also IF anyone has a baseplate for a IIIC I would make an offer.  I am
looking for a user.  It must be light tight and the open-close work.  Beyond
that is more than needed, but nice to have.

Dave Stratton