Subject: [Leica] Re: A root thought
From: Ted Bradshaw <ted@junior60.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 21:39:33 +0000

on 3/12/99 7:14 pm, Leica Users digest at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net> wrote:

> This may be a bit more radical, but I believe that it doesn't really
> MATTER what lens you choose as long as you're in the ballpark for the
> way you see.
snip
> Just pick one and learn it. You'll get used to it. When you do, it will
> become what you prefer. <s>

I couldn't agree with you more. I spend less and less photographic time
these days toting around a range of different focal lengths and most often
go out with an M body and just a 50. I've come to love this focal length so
much that I sometimes take different 50s with me (a Summicron, a Summar and
a 3.5/50mm Elmar), selecting one according to the effect I want in the final
chrome or print.

Am I going senile or do others do this?

Ted Bradshaw.