Subject: Re: [Leica] testing R8 - film end
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 06:25:11 -0500

1999-12-06-05:27:23 thomas boehm:
> there seems to be no (clear?) warning when the full film is exposed -  i
> exposed up to frame 46 when i realised, that the film-end allready has
> arrived... is this normal? does'nt the film stop automaticaly at film end?

This shouldn't happen.  I suspect that you didn't actually get the
film threaded successfully.  (Is peering at that weird little
zebra-stripe thing on the right supposed to help with this sort of
problem?  Was the rewind knob rotating whenever you advanced the
film?)

If the film was being taken up properly... gee, was it film you
bulk-loaded yourself?  Did it come loose from the source reel or
something?

> one more: there seems to be a little delay between pressing the
> shutter-button and exposing - is this slow reaction normal?
> (compared to M6 or F4)

Expect about the usual SLR delay: more than an M6, but probably a hair
less than an F4.

I don't know quite what to say -- your observations are puzzling.

 -Jeff