Subject: Re: [Leica] testing R8 - film end
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:12:34 -0500

1999-12-06-06:43:49 thomas boehm:
> yes - the "zebra" on the right of the back-door did rotate; the film
> was a common 135/36 film (not bulk loaded); the rewind-knob did
> rotate - probably not on the last "exposures nr. 36 to nr. 46...);
> the film-end was not broken, i rewinded the film normaly; as i
> noticed on the negatives after developement, all the exposures
> nr. 36 to nr. 46 seem to be placed on one frame nr. 36... (and the
> camera did'nt stopp...)

Then... I'd suggest that the camera malfunctioned.  There's that
mechanism for disengaging the forward wind for the purpose of doing
multiple exposures;  ordinarily, you'd have to slide that little
multiple-exposure thing over the rewind button (or at the least
depress the rewind button) over and over again to see the result you
had, so you couldn't have done that by mistake... something must be
awry.  Has this happened with more than one roll?  Are the frames
before 36 evenly spaced?

Anybody else run across this sort of oddity?

 -J