Subject: [Leica] RE: M Meters
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:02:01 -0500

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts on metering with my M3.  It sounds like
an MR or MR-4 meter will be the way to go for me, with my luna-pro for back
up if the shot allows me the time to pull it out to use.  I actually like
the ability to meter by just looking down at the top of the camera, since
this way I can bring the camera up to eye level just to focus and shoot.

And since my M3 isn't anywhere close to mint condition, another scratch or
two on the camera top won't be a problem for me.  Actually, I rather like
the "character" marks on my camera.  :-)   I did see the website for the
Cocina meter but  -  and maybe it's just me  -  I don't think I would enjoy
using it.  I much prefer analog meters where you can match the needle and
get an immediate sense of the adjustment that needs to be made in the
shutter and aperture settings.  The over and under exposure settings LED's
kind of make me crazy!  One reason I haven't dashed out to get an M6.

There's just something about that old M3... man, I love that camera.

Bob Kramer