Subject: RE: [Leica] M2/M3 flash connections
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:05:34 -0800

> 1)  Are adaptors for PC connection still made?  Who sells them and how
> much are they?

I don't know if they're still made.  My local used-camera emporium had a bag
of them when I went looking.  I think I paid about $10US.

> 2)  Is a permanent conversion to regular PC connections possible?  If so,
> who does them and are they advisable (or affordable)?

Yes, these are a great idea.  I had the X terminal of my M3 replaced with a
PC connector by Reinhold Mueller.  It was done in conjunction with a CLA and
added a few tens of dollars to the cost.  He did a very good job, but then I
never used the darn thing :-/

> 3)  Are the plastic plugs that cover the standard M2/M3 flash connectors
> still made?  Who sells them and how much are they?

Same as for #1 above - check a store that deals in a lot of used gear.

Paul Chefurka