Subject: Re: [Leica] M2/M3 flash connections
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:39:44 -0600

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> > 1)  Are adaptors for PC connection still made?  Who sells them and how
> > much are they?
>
> I don't know if they're still made.  My local used-camera emporium had a bag
> of them when I went looking.  I think I paid about $10US.

A slightly more elegant solution is to get a cable made with the Leica male
connector on one end and whatever you want on the other.  There is a company
that makes these (I forget the name but any big camera store will probably have
some of their products on a rack) with just about any connector you want on
either end - you specify the connectors, the length, and whether you want
straight or coiled. They charge for each connector (some are a bit more than
others, as I recall) and by the foot for the wire.  I once had one with a Rollei
plug on one end and a Sunpak plug on the other - very spiffy.   I don't think
they're too terribly expensive.  (But it's still a good idea to have one of
those PC adapters in the bag, just in case.)

Cheers,
Kip