Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop hardware requirements?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:03:53 -0800

sometime around 12/15/99 12:37 AM, Greg Locke at locke@straylight.ca was
heard  to write:

> As Linux and The Gimp evolve, you will see it adding pre-press
> functions and support because Linux users will demand it or develop
> themselves.

Anyne who is in pre-press who is that good a programmer needs some career
counseling. ;-)

Photoshop 5.5 has web graphics added. And I don't find it all that
expensive. I'd hate to rely on an open standard piece of software that
anyone could modify. I'd rather have one set of dedicated programmers, not a
bunch of hobbyists. I think the Linux movement is alrady starting to run out
of steam, and Windows 2000 is the Borg. Me? I'm going OS X.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."