Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:24:12 -0500

I for one actually agree with Marc and usually suggest a 50 as a first lens
for anyone starting out in 35mm photography, regardless of the body.  The
strand of this thread which has gone un-addressed is the question of what
format and lenses the poster has already used and what preferences she or he
has already developed.

This "best lens" question comes up a lot and the responses are fairly
predictable.  In the future it might serve everyone better if the person
posing the question be asked some additional information on experience and
preferences before we all go off in rhapsodic fugues about our own
favorites.  Okay, perhaps not fugues, but unedited encomia.

	Buzz Hausner