Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Driver R8 now Leica prices!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 01:12:15 GMT

Based on the current condition of the industry, I'd say they are
re-thinking the "holier than thou" attitude.

Actually Ted, Mercedes is actually a very fine example.  Their sales were in
the crapper in the early 90's because their cars were too damned expensive
and were no better than the Japanese competition...(sounds familiar)

Their answer was to bring their prices into the realm of sanity and to
re-design their line to be competitive.  They proved that German companies
ARE still capable of being world leaders, and are planning to completely
take over the industrialized world in about 10 years..Ha Ha.

I hope Leica and their new CEO have learned from the successes of other
German marques.  They CAN be the best and still be a volume dealer.  Volume
on the level of Canon?  No, and Mercedes doesn't sell as many cars as GM,
but the make enough to pay the light bills:)

Best Wishes
Dan States