Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:04:47 -0500

I agree that the eyes should be the focal point, but I just don't think I
can do it with a 35mm or 50mm R lens indoors.  These are wiggly children,
ages 2-5.  Maybe I've got it all wrong.  Comments/helpful hints from the
group would be welcome at this point.  Am I off base on this?

I plan to re-check light levels tomorrow. Today, I was getting one or two
stops less light than what you mentioned in your message, but even if your
estimates turn out to be accurate, I don't think I can hand-hold an R camera
and get a reasonaable number of sharp pictures of  unposed little children,
using 1/15 second--even though the depth of field would be wonderful.

Thanks for your input.  Every suggestion helps me in my thinking about the
task.

And welcome (picture your message here) back.

Julian