Subject: Re: [Leica] The honeymoon is over (was Leica prices)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:24:37 -0800

Jeff S wrote:

> Bill Erfurth wrote:
> >
> > The honeymoon is over next month for Herr Cohn.  He
> > has been there for a year now.  The price of Leica's
> > stock is almost exactly where it was when he took
> > over...in the dumper...along with Leica's sales and
> > profits.
><Snip> r salaries.
> >
> Bill, why be a grinch so close to Christmas? ;-) A look at
><Snip>
> Is the Konica Hexar RF a threat to Leica--or a source of revenue? I
> believe someone mentioned Leica's involvement in it's design, and that
> could mean royalties from the sale of each Hexar.
>
> What kind of dramatic sign from Leica were you hoping for?
>
> --------------
> Jeff Segawa

Things are looking up for Leica with the Hexar being the hot new camera along
with a hot new photographic concept, just imagine: a RANGEFINDER camera!!! And
Leica being the esoteric way to jazz up that pop camera with an top lens from Germany.
IF there is a better way to expose Leica to the mass sceptical public than this
(and the Konica media might) I'd like to know what that is.
Let Konica get the masses into the idea of Rangefinder photography and a solid
percentage of them will move on to Leica.
That is the idea isn't it?
Mark Rabiner