Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Equal to Summicron 50!?!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:27:30 -0800

sometime around 12/16/99 8:15 AM, Larry Kopitnik at
kopitnil@marketingcomm.com was heard  to write:

> The POP Photo methodology is optically sound. They analyse a lens on five
> or six parameters they deem important and then use a weighted average to
> arrive at the SQF values. It is the selection of parameters and this
> weighting that undervalues the Leica lenses in most cases. What they
> measure and the way they measure it are in itself correct.

That's all well and good, but how do you call accurate a test that shows
Leica lenses as undervalued?

There is something wrong with their evaluations of the results and anyone's
thinking who believs this is fine.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."