Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing slide film at night
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:11:34 -0800

Julian wrote:

>Which exposure mode--matrix or center-weighted averaging, or whatever
>happens to be on the camera at the time :)
>
>I have already done my duty and bought an R8, but I don't think I can swing
>the other 7,999.>>>>>>

OOPS! small detail missed!   MATRIX

In this situation I use the matrix mode!  Another thing that happens:

If you are shooting a scene where lights change colour and intensity,
tripping the shutter at a moment of lesser light the camera computer locks
on this and gives an exposure for that amount even though the light may
change up or down during exposure.  Obviously it works in reverse if the
lighting is at it's peak and lessens during exposure.

It hasn't appeared to be a big deal, the variations, as I shoot a number
trying to capture the changing effects of the lights overlapping during the
exposure.

However, each one is a "keeper" and speaks for the credibility of the R8
meter system. Bracketing makes a slight difference, even so, you could
probably run with anyone of them. All the bracketing does is give you a
varying degree of goodness.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant