Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:28:27 -0800

Skip Williams wrote:

> The one I saw is not on either the B&H catalog or on Manfrotto's web site
> at www.manfrotto.com.  Maybe it's a new model?  The locks for the legs are
> Gitzo-like, traditional twist-locks, NOT the lever-locks like many other
> Bogen models.  They grips were about 4-5" long though, very comfortable.
>
> Hmm, regarding your Gitzo, you should call the importer.  They shouldn't
> bind.  Maybe they have dirt in them? The two lubricants I would consider
> are Talc and powered graphite.  Gitzo is a top quality product.  I have two
> sets of traditional Gitzo legs and a monopod, one set I've have for 20
> years!  Once I sent it back to the importer in NJ for replacement of the
> leg seals, and it' been much better since.
>
> Skip

I sent a Gitzo reportor back to the company after much abuse for twelve years
and a moterscooter acident.
It cost me an amzaing $160 to have it overhauled!
They must have figured it had sentemental value. They were right! I use it
now..am glad to have it and have one a size bigger and a size smaller.
I'm a Gitzo kinda guy!
Mark Rabiner
Oh and I got a Manfroto monopod for 40 bucks which looks great on the wall!