Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Moon beams
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:27:00 -0800

At 10:07 PM -0800 12/20/99, Ted Grant wrote:
>Well lads and lasses,
>
>I hate to tell you but it's beginning to look like you'll be mooning by
>yourselves! The weather predictors are coming down big time rain and
>overcast for wednesday and thursday on the west coast of Canada.
>
>However always the eternal optimist, it will probably be clear as a bell
>and beautiful. After all, what the hell do the weather guys know anyway, as
>we know they're wrong 99.9% of time. Well OK, gotta give them credit for
>the odd time they get it right by looking out the window and telling us
>excatly what's happening! ;)
>
>No offence to any of the __"good weathermen"__ who do get it right that are
>members of the LUG!" :):) Remember, it's peace on earth and goodwill etc.
>etc.:)

In our part of the country, if the weatherpeople predict rain this time of
year they're not taking many chances. Apparently if we get 4 more days with
rain in them this year it will be a record. It seems unlikely we'll be able
to avoid that record.

On this general topic, I've just gotten an assignment to take some record
shots of a large shopping center prior to major renovations, the
photography I also intend to get in on. Nor a very artistically inspiring
job, but it helps to make the season merrier! However, I had to tell the
client that I would not take the pictures in rain, as the cost of a new
camera an lens (medium format, with shift lens) would not fit easily into
his budget as an extra. 4 hours outside, with heavy drizzle, will not allow
me to keep the whole thing dry! Even if the camera did survive, I might
not. I didn't know how to add that latter item to my proposal in any
meaningful way.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com