Subject: Re: [Leica] incidently
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:36:04 -0700

For most of my landscape photographs, I use reflected light metering
almost exclusively.

Incident metering is very fast and you don't have to think as much, but
if say, you are in a shaded valley and photographing distant sunlit
hills, you will have to rely on experience and some bracketing because
your meter is mostly useless here. Neither can it help you to determine
the effects of atmospheric haze on said hills.

Where I *do* love incident metering: Macro work, portraits and in
general, work in close quarters. Great too, for some street photography,
since you can periodically confirm camera settings without forever
lifting the thing to your eye or (worse) pointing.

- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado
http://www.boulder.net/~4season