Subject: RE: [Leica] Why not Slik carbon?
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:11:58 +0100

Hello Bernard,

The problem with Gitzo is they have a magic formula to make extremely rigid
tripods. I always hated to use them because of the rings (collars?) they use to
lock legs but I must say I have to see other tripods as stable and sturdy. For a
given weight, nothing beats Gitzo.  For tripods, they are what Leica is for
cameras. You will cry after your money when you buy them, will hate their
ergonomy but you would not change the results for anything else :-).

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)