Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:11:33 +0000

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> I saw a Gitzo Resin/Graphite or whatever they are made out of at Pro Photo today
> for $700 too much damn money if you ask me I'll cut one out of wood for that or
> buy one out of wood!
> They should make a Ceder Tripod! Maybe I will!

Mark,
Price the ones that the film/video crews use and the Gitzo will look a
bargin.  Try $2000!

Sometimes I want a Benbo, sometimes I want the 15 pound geared Gitzo I
just put on the used market, but mostly I love the little Mountaineer.
Though I just bought a small reporter that is virtually the same size
and only slightly heavier for $150 used as backup--it fits my new Tamrac
backpack roller case that also fits in overhead on airlines.  Mostly I
wish I could get by without so I could move more, especially in
industrial/office settings where I am doing these 1-2 second
exposures==I tend to find the best spot and just nail the shot with
light and gesture since it is too much work and time to move much.

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego