Subject: Re: [Leica] zones
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:05:25 -0500

You find some of the same boring lighting in some of the earlier color
movies.  Look at the black and white films from the 30s and 40s if you want
to see how some of the great masters used light and shadow.  As a comparison
look at the color work from the 1950s.  Its very flat with multiple shadows
around every object.  They simply had to pour a lot of light on their
subject to get an exposure.  Now with better emulsions, more efficient
lights, and better technique the lighting in films is a lot more
interesting.

Mike D

- -----Excerpt from Original Message-----