Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF - initial impressions
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:40:20 -0500

Dan:

No I wasn't hiding, just off skiing with my family. Quite lovely, BTW.

I agree with a few others that this has gotten combative, when I
really was trying to make a point.

Before I pass judgement on a camera I'd like to touch one at least.
Shooting a roll of film would be good too. But honestly, I have found
my initial evaluations on a camera are often wrong, and that only
after a month or so of use I know how well it will work for me.

As an example, when I first bought a Nikon E950 digital I was pleased
with the picture quality (which is truly impressive) but after using
it for a while, I have found it isn't great for making photographs
because of the way it handles and its slow, slow shutter release.

I prefer to shoot with a rangefinder, so I will buy a Hexar RF. I
know enough from the features that it's worth considering, but I may
hate it and I may love it.

Tom

Thomas Kachadurian
www.kachadurian.com