Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:10:57 -0000

True, and you could also choose to do all your photography on glass plates.
A Visolflex is an interesting artifact of the dawn of the reflex age -
whether or not they continued to be manufactured until relatively recently.
It may be that for someone who simply enjoys using old photo equipment, or
for someone who does occassional macro photography, a Visoflex makes real
sense. But for someone who needs to use long lenses to shoot sports or the
like, it seems somewhat self-defeating not to get modern, autofocus - or at
least modern, as in an R8 - motor-driven camera.